For more than 80 years, Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis has helped thousands of children with disabilities say “I can” by providing them with vital medical equipment, as well as educational, therapeutic and recreational programs such as the annual Adventure Camp and Variety Children’s Theatre. An international leader in fundraising, Variety the Children’s Charity also distributes grants to more than 75 qualified partner agencies throughout the St. Louis area to fund programs and/or services that directly impact the lives of children with physical and mental disabilities.
Variety St. Louis Mission
To help local children with disabilities reach their full potential by providing services every time they need assistance.
- Kids on the Go Mobility Program: Serving more than 1,450 area families with equipment such as wheelchairs, augmentative speech devices, leg braces, hearing aids, prostheses, van lifts and more.
- Variety Programs: Inclusive educational, therapeutic and developmental programs that give children with disabilities the same opportunities as their able-bodied friends.
- Partner Agencies: Directly serving 13,000 children through 80+ partner organizations across the St. Louis metro area.
- Sunshine Coach Vans: Transporting children to doctor appointments, therapy sessions and other outings.
- Emerson Resource Center: Answering parents’ questions and providing vital community connections.
- THER-HAPPY Kids: Ensuring that children not only have the medical equipment they need, but the therapy to support them while they use it.
- Teen Time Saturdays: Monthly activities will give teens the chance to try new things while socializing with old friends...and making new ones